Friday, January 23, 2009

Long Time, No Post. For What It's Worth.

I just wanted to post to everyone this week to share with you my joy over my new brother I got this week. I didn't think I needed any more brothers, but it appears that God had different plans for me. I thought my two other brothers were the best, but everyone keeps telling me my new brother is awesome. PEOPLE WON'T STOP TALKING ABOUT MY NEW BROTHER! I'm so excited.

My new brother is great, except he follows me everywhere. EVERYWHERE. I get in my car and I can't drive more than a mile without my brother waving and smiling at me. I go to the coffee shop, he's there. People are talking about him. Holy crap, the women love him. Any guy looking to pick up a girl could honestly wear a mask with my brother's face and the chicks would squeal. I guess he's attractive. Katie Couric was practically in heat and totally humiliating herself as a journalist the other night. Apparently journalists can't be objective around my new brother. Wolf Blitzer was sporting wood on national TV.

I go to the gas station, there's my brother. I turn on the sports station: my brother is there. I read the sports section (now listen, my brother hasn't played sports since high school--and that was a long time ago) and he's there. I guess professional athletes like my brother, too.

I open up my web browser and celebrities apparently REALLY like my new brother. This makes me distrust him. I generally distrust anyone that celebrities like because they are generally completely out of touch with reality.

I go to church, and guess who's there. My brother.
Today I went into 7-Eleven and out of the 24 different magazines that they sold he was on the cover of 21 and he's still on the cover of every newspaper.

Now, If this was anyone else besides my brother, even if it was someone important, like the guy who invented the internet or something, I would be a little irritated. But, because he's my brother I'm just supposed to swallow this media poop-parade! I turned on my F-ING X BOX last night and the first thing I see is more pictures of my brother!

I think my new brother is being over-exposed. This is alienating me from my new brother. When I thought this was going to be a happy fun CHANGE that I could believe in it is just starting to piss me off.

Here is something I read and I hope my new brother reads it well.
Woe to you when all men speak well of you, for their fathers used to treat the false prophets in the same way. Luke 6:26.

If you are wondering who my new awesome brother is, here's a picture of him

2 comments:

shannoncaroland said...

"People are talking about him. Holy crap, the women love him. Any guy looking to pick up a girl could honestly wear a mask with my brother's face and the chicks would squeal. I guess he's attractive."

That's the only part I read. thanks for noticing.

Austin Long said...

we have a new president?