Tuesday, January 27, 2009

weekend recap, the shield and the history of football

I had a great weekend. Poker on Friday night with some people from work. I did ok. I was trying to play cards, host the party and get loaded all at the same time. Multi-tasking is not my strength. I think the only thing I managed to accomplish was to enjoy several Heineken’s. Goals people. Have goals.

Then Saturday I sat on a stool at Claddagh’s most of the afternoon watching soccer. When Roman scored a goal for Spurs after 5’, I was worried. Then United turned it on and that was that. The second half was painful as Spurs knew that they didn’t want a replay and couldn’t overturn the deficit and win the game. BORING!!

Then I watched Juve v Fiorentina. Fiorentina got robbed. Simple as that. Gila wan’t offside and they really deserved a point, but Juve took all three and kept the pressure on Inter. There are several rumors in the internet re: transfers. Hopefully some of them wil come to pass. Zanetti is past it. He’s got to go. Looks like Sissoko and Marchisio is the best paring for the rest of the season.

Sunday I played a double header at the new LISA. My back held up ok, so we’ll see that goes. Then a couple of pints of Magic Hat to round off the evening.



I finished the Shield Season 1 and can’t wait for more. Great show with a great ensemble of characters. Plenty of material to develop and I’m waiting for Season 2 to come in.




From Netflix, I have been going through the History of Football (soccer to all you Americans out there). It’s fascinating, with tons of footage from the first quarter of the 20th century. It’s seven discs, so I’m 2 down, 5 to go.



Keeping it short this week. I plan to add a poll question later this week. Good to see Bristol back on track.



Ta Ta.

No comments: