Tuesday, March 3, 2009

dollhouse, watchmen, soccer report

Last night I watched the pilot of “Dollhouse.” Interesting concept. What would you expect from Wheadon? I can definitely see the “wiping the slate clean but not really” playing out over time. I will say that the pilot really did a good job of presenting the story while planting future story lines all over the place. It’s definitely a show I could get into.

We are watching pilots to find a show to replace House. The first was Dollhouse. Tom is also interested in Castle and something else. I wouldn’t mind checking out Leverage, but may wait until the first season is over and watch it on DVD.



This weekend I am planning on seeing Watchmen. I am getting a little nervous as reviews and comments are filtering out that it does not live up to the hype. I’m not sure that it can, but I just hope it doesn’t suck. Here’s hoping.



Last weekend was a big weekend of footy. Saturday I watched Juve huff and puff and barely knock the Napoli house down. Very fortunate. With Roma leading Inter 2-0 on Sunday, I actually thought about Juve winning the scudetto. But then the Nerrazzurri recovered for a point in the game and a 7 point lead in the league. OVER.

But a league that has been reignited is La Liga. The wheels are officially coming off at Barca. From a commanding 12 point advantage to a slender 4 point margin. Barca could go from the treble to nothing very quickly. They should see off Mallorca in the Cup tomorrow and get to at least one final, and they should see off Lyon at the Nou Camp to make the quarters of the Champions League. As for the league, the momentum may have shifted to the point of no return. Madrid are not going to turn over Liverpool at Anfield, so will be able to totally focus on the league. Not good for the blaugrana.

As for United, the Carling Cup was hard work. I’m talking about watching it of course. Neither team really hit the high notes, and Spurs were a touch unlucky not to get a goal and make United come at them like the FA Cup. The PK’s were shocking. Bentley, don’t let the door hit you on the way of White Hart Lane. As a passing Spurs supporter, I’m glad they are not in Europe next year. They have gone backwards quickly from the back to back 5th place finishes, and now must rebuild anew. Of course Harry isn’t the one to do it based on his record. That means another coaching change and all that entails. Meanwhile, Villa and Everton have shown what can happen with determination and commitment while Spurs spiral downward back to mid-table mediocrity.

This weekend is the FA Cup. If the form book holds, the semis will be very entertaining. Hopefully Barca can turn it around against Bilbao. And Juve is playing in the Turin derby. Torino are battling relegation so I expect a scrappy game with only the odd goal. Maybe I’ll see you at Claddagh’s.



Ta Ta for now.

1 comment:

Danny said...

FA Cup Semi Finals
United v Arsenal
Chelsea v Everton