Friday, March 20, 2009

“J.Lo Sues Stroller Company for $30 Million”. I can’t even think of something pithy to say because I’m so flabbergasted.

I have to admit I’ve never been a fan of hers, “Maid in Manhattan” really sealed the deal for me and proves she does not have the talent to be either an actress or a singer, but what she does have is business sense. From dancer to actor to singer to perfume and jeans (which I own but only because I paid $3 at the Trinity Evangelical Church Thrift Store). I'm pretty sure she's sold everything including her soul. Let me count the levels of wrongness in this lawsuit:

1) Does she really think she's worth that much?

2) How much free merchandise has she accepted from companies such as this for her to show off in the hopes that this would prompt other people to buy stuff? And yet heaven forbid someone use her likeness to sell something? What’s the difference?

3) How much money does she already have that she needs $30 million more?

4) Considering the current economic crisis that many Latinos find themselves in currently and also considering the aforementioned #3, can she still call herself “Jenny from the Block?”

The sum total of arrogance and greed it takes to pull off this type of lawsuit blows my mind. This is the type of activity that alienates her from the culture she continues to claim she is part of. The mean part of me really hopes she loses some fans for this but I have a feeling stupid people stick together. I'm going to write an aria for J-Lo, it's called "Nobody Cares".

2 comments:

BigD said...

You own J. Lo jeans?

Seriously?

For some reason I'm having trouble picturing this.

Bristol Crowne said...

Like I said, $3 at Trinity Thrift Shop, and they fit.
I can't afford to turn away jeans that fit right.