Tuesday, November 13, 2007

podcasts and cutthroat bitch

How great are podcasts? Subscribe, refresh, experience great entertainment. I guess they are millions of podcasts now and there’s no way you can ever get to them all, but I’ve found several ones that I can’t live without.

Best Night Ever. Daily snippets that funnel into the Best Week Ever on VH1. Watching these makes you wonder how many reality shows can exist and how long this niche programming will last. It may be that is here to stay. Sitcoms, drama, documentary, reality TV. This show gets an A for snarkiness.

World Soccer Daily. This is heaven for a soccer fan. Informative, passionate, interesting. Yes they are biased but who cares? They way they turn a blind eye to “their” teams’ deficiencies, while ripping everyone is great. One of the best parts of the show is the nickname they gave to Landon Donovan—Landy Cakes. Hilarious. Every day at 2 hours is hard to keep up with. The Soccernet podcast is only an hour or less twice a week. Anyway, this is a great show. I’m not sure how I’m going to be able to keep up with this and the Tony Kornheiser show when he comes back from Monday Night Football, but I’m willing to try.

Roots Rock Radio. A monthly show dedicated to music that you will never hear on radio. Blues, rockabilly, country, folk, anything that isn’t POP. Has a very homey feel and I’ve already heard some great music. As I have time, I’m going to go back and get older shows. I’m still looking for a podcast for American Routes on PBS but haven’t found it yet. This will do for now.

I’ve sort of given up on the Dennis Miller podcast. He’s on locally now, so I feel I can get a fix if I really need it. I don’t know. TK is ok with the guest host, but it’s just not the same. Notes from the Underground is back. The last one I listened to, I didn’t like a single song they played. Hopefully the next show is better.

If I could listen to podcasts and watch soccer all day, I might be happy. It would definitely be a step closer. Add cigars and beer, a box of Krispy Kremes and then we’d be talking.

Watched the latest episode of House (11/6/07). Two medical cases, some interesting interplay between characters old and new. Cutthroat bitch. How can she still be around? She doesn’t do anything. She waits for other people to make a mistake and undermines them in such a way as to present herself in a better light. She's like Sanjaya from American Idol. Her little schtick is old. I’m done with the hiring shenanigans. Let’s pick a team and have them battle it out with the old team. Anyway the exchanges between House and the CIA doctor were classic. The show is a lot better. But I’m right in saying that House doesn’t pop pills every 5 seconds, right? Is that because that tic is not as important? Or does it mean he’s overcome his addiction? His line two episodes ago about knowing what Vicodin tastes like while Cuddy might not know what her birth control tastes like was hilarious. By the way, Tom let me know about a great blog that deals with the medical aspects of the show, politedissent.com.

1 comment:

Sam said...

Can you provide some links to your podcasts, as I am too lazy to google them for myself?