Tuesday, February 24, 2009

soccer, music, my new job

With the church retreat last weekend, I wasn’t able to watch any soccer. However, after catching up on scores and highlights, I do have a couple of observations:
*Liverpool have collapsed.
*Barca are having a wobble, but can Real sustain their form?
*Inter will win the scudetto, but the race for second will be as exciting as any race for the title.

Today and tomorrow are the first legs of the Champions League knockout. I’m very busy this week and will probably miss most of it. I hope the return legs have drama since I’ll probably be able to watch those. I’m very nervous for United. Barca will turn it around and Juve and Chelsea is a coin flip at this point.



Moving on to the topic of the day, economic crisis, in these tough economic times, I have found a back up job in case I get fired. I will hire myself to maintain my Facebook page. With all of the updates, tags and chain documents to fill out, it’s a full time job.

What a shame spiral Facebook is. I keep my circle of friends relatively small, and could even make it smaller, but I start checking status updates and all of the sudden I’m taking the never ending movie quiz while instant messaging someone about betting on futbol.

Facebook is just another aspect of the internet which, once you’re ensnared, it’s hard to get away from. Another example is youtube. I start watching soccer highlights and, after a series of clicks, I’m watching how to build a car in 15 minutes.

Not that I mind this of course. I’m just not getting paid for it. So I need to create a series of shell companies with the end result of creating a company which pays me to update, post and stalk through Facebook. I’m working with an accountant right to start the process. Maybe I’ve finally found my true calling.



I listened to Arcade Fire’s Neon Bible album all the way through. It’s ok but really does not hit high notes. No Cars Go is an amazing song but the rest is sort of a mismash of Gallon Drunk and Bruce Springsteen.

I’ve also listened a little bit to Moby’s Last Night. Not mind blowing but more of the same.



Finally congrats to Danny. His son (Cameron Thomas) was born on Saturday. I doubt he will post tomorrow due to the new kid brouhaha.



That’s about it. Ta Ta for now.

No comments: