Tuesday, March 25, 2008

3.25.08

I have finished the first season of Dexter. Intriguing concept. The conclusion of season 1 was fantastic, and it will be interesting to see where they take the show from here. The series is based on a book “Darkly Dreaming Dexter.” Wish I had known that beforehand. Oh well.

I’m going to the library this week to get the book “No Country for Old Men”. I read so slowly that by the time I’m done, it will probably be out DVD, so that will work out nicely.

Watched another episode of the West Wing. Due to technical difficulties, we only watched one, but it had a very detailed discussion about the “appropriate response” from a super-power. Overall I thought it was a good episode because they stayed focused and weren’t all over the place. Plus the annoying chick wasn’t that big of a part. (Her name is Moira Kelly.)

Other than that, trying to get well and getting ready for another weekend of the basketball tournament. What a choke job by Georgetown. I’m just hoping that Wisconsin doesn’t make the Final Four. Ugh.

By the way, Hell’s Kitchen starts a week from today. I don’t know if I’ll watch the whole season, but it’s nice to know what I can get a Gordon Ramsay fix once a week. If Hell’s Kitchen stays on Tuesdays it sets up a Hell’s Kitchen/House double feature. Assholes all around.

Finally, I want to take a moment to thank everyone who made my dream of 15+ comments become a reality. It took a lot of hard work and dedication, but we pulled it out in the end.

3 comments:

mindbender said...

No Country For Old Men is already out on DVD. FYI.

BigD said...

I like Moira Kelly. You ever seen "The Cutting Edge?"

"Toepick!"

Classic.

Commish said...

You have to see her being all obnoxious in the West Wing to change your view. She appeared in 20 episodes before they started writing her out of the scripts.

Sigh. 3 down, 17 to go.