Tuesday, March 18, 2008

the big dance

I am horribly ill, so needless to say, March Madness is not high on my list of priorities. Hasn’t been for about 10 years. I used to fill out brackets and keep track of how my picks turned out. I used to live for this time of the year, skipping out on school or work or whatever so that I could go “dancin”. These days I could take it or leave it. I will check in from time to time, but usually don’t watch until the Final Four.

The bracket that I’m really concerned about is the UEFA Champions League, which was released last Friday. 8 teams left if the world’s premier club competition. I know you don’t care and if I had more energy I would try to convince you, but this is an exciting time of the year. Plus it leads into Euro 2008, which should be a compelling competition. You won’t find brackets of it in every newspaper and website, and that’s ok.

So enjoy March Madness. I’m putting my money on American, because I’m a patriot.

5 comments:

Aleks said...

Presuming you're a fan of a British club, which one is it? Chelsea, Man U, Liverpool? Oh and get well, you old scaly-wag.

Commish said...

Are you putting your money on American on the CentSports website? Where I can earn a commission on your bet?

American is actually getting 20 points against Tennessee. I'd still take Tennessee.

Austin Long said...

i support united. i'm very worried about the tie against Roma. i believe Roma is on a revenge mission and will knock out the red devils. barca are too inconsistent. i think the winner of the arsenal/liverpool tie will win the whole thing.

who do you support?

Sam said...

I am pulling for Arsenal.

Aleks said...

To make things interesting, I'll root for Chelsea. The Russian connection, you know.