Tuesday, August 19, 2008

who is this michael phelps guy everyone keeps talking about?

So I have reignited my mancrush for Denis Leary. Started Season 4 of Rescue Me over the weekend, and what a great show. I would never want to be a fireman, but I do admire their camaraderie and loyalty to each other. The baby without a definitive father or name is a complete absurdity, yet is just another compelling aspect of the show. Watch this show.

I came to a startling realization this week. I can’t park. I’m not just talking parallel parking, but regular parking. I’m never right in the middle, my car is never straight, and I’m always too close to other cars. I can’t blame this on others; this one falls directly on me. So my mid year resolution is to improve my parking.

I added the high school I graduating from to my facebook account. A couple of people invited me, but I ignored them. I started looking up people from my graduation class and I didn’t even recognize most of them. Maybe in a future post, I will go into greater detail about my high school experience.

If you’re looking for podcasts to subscribe to, I would suggest the following:

60/20 Sports. James Carville and Tim Russert. Classic old fogey yelling down the impudent youngin. They have great guests and conversations. If you like sports at all, you’ll enjoy this.

Epic Fu. This is podcast from Revision 3 and explores weird stories and new technology. They also throw in music and media that they like. I’ve found a couple of new bands to explore from them. I will say that the host can be mildly annoying sometimes, but overall it’s decent.

Attack of the show. Snippets from the show on G4. They had interesting insights on The Dark Knight and each little segment is interesting, especially the ones on military technology.

Totally Rad Show. This is the next show I want to rip off/emulate. Movies, comics, TV, pop culture. The three hosts slice it and dice it. If anyone out there wants to take a stab at it, I’m in.

OK, that’s it. Now back to work.

4 comments:

shannoncaroland said...

So you can know who Michael Phelps is...
http://www.theonion.com/content/news/michael_phelps_returns_to_his_tank?utm_source=slate_rss_1

Austin Long said...

that was hilarious.

thanks,

Danny said...

c'mon Austin, please i'm asking you as a friend try "Burn Notice" you will not be disapointed.

apulford said...

I'm glad you added your H.S. to your FB profile! I just recently created my account a few weeks ago, and I'm sure I looked for you at the beginning of August and I was bummed you weren't there. Imagine my surprise when I was online late Wednesday night (which is totally out of character for me) and I see your name listed under Athens High School Class of 1993! Crazy!!!!!