Tuesday, February 26, 2008

assorted thoughts

I haven’t slept well in several days. I won’t go into details, but involves other people snoring. A lot.

Anyway, during one of the brief moments of sleep, I had the strangest dream. The NY Giants won the Super Bowl. Weird huh? Back to back victories for the Manning family, perfection denied, one of the great upsets in sports history. My dream was so vivid, I could actually see Tom Coughlin smiling, which never happens. I bet John Nugent would have been ecstatic if the Giants had emerged victoriously instead of getting crushed 34-10 by the 19-0 New England Patriots.

I don’t know about you, but I’m happy about how this blog is turning out. Several different voices and interests makes for interesting reading. When we all post in succession, it is quite nice. I really enjoy when Dan posts, so I have a moment of enjoyment once every six weeks. Sweet. Tom’s post on potholes was spot on. I plan to take pics of the neighborhood and see if I can’t win some money. Although Aleks is right to say we don’t appreciate what we have, I would say we have high expectations because of where we live and our standard of living. Let’s start meeting those expectations. Of course, our economy is crap, so smooth roads are not the #1 priority, but if our roads were in a good condition, it would stand to reason that we would be more positive, therefore leading to the recovery that is necessary to turn this around. I’m going to stop babbling now.

If you’re having a great day and want to have it ruined or want to see how bad things can really get, do a youtube search of the Eduardo Da Silva injury. Sickening. If you want to double dip, combo that with Henrik Larsson broken leg. These images will truly make you turn away from the screen. I’m here to serve.

I’m off to watch the Turin derby.

3 comments:

Dan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dan said...

(wow, an incredible amount of spelling and gramatical errors that i didn't catch immediately...)

I had a dream once where i was hanging out with the "Friends." that was pretty weird...

Anyway, thanks for the fantastic compliment... i will endeavor to provide you with enjoyment much more than only every six weeks! Despite my lack of respect for the schedule, i've really come to look at this thing as our baby, and i'm also quite proud of the upbringing we're providing for it

BigD said...

I've seen worse (the injuries, I mean).