Thursday, February 21, 2008

Please allow me to introduce myself...

I'm a man of wealth and taste.

Well, no, not really. Taste, arguably. But wealth, no, not by any stretch of the imagination.

Seeing as, unlike Brandon and Aleks, I apparently don't merit an introduction below by Commish, I'll introduce myself. They call me BigD, as I'm a rather large person. I'll be the cultural taproom's roving poster-at-large, posting here and there as the mood strikes me. I'm a music and movie nut, so I imagine that most of my posts will probably revolve around those two subjects. In the meantime, I'll continue making smart-alec comments on the rantings of my fellow posters.

Pleased to meet you. Hope you guess my name.

5 comments:

Aleks said...

"Hope you guess my name..."

Hm. Actually, no. Is it Dave? Daniel? Dmitry? Dumbstruck?

Well, anyhow, BigD, pleased to make your acquaintance.

BigD said...

No, no, no, and no. Keep trying.

Pleased to make yours as well. Who are you exactly?

Brandon Caroland said...

I thought your name was Sergio Valente, but from reading your post you sound more like the Devil as described by the Rolling Stones.

BigD said...

Sergio DiMartino. Sergio Valente was a fashion designer, and my schoolmates teased me about that mercilessly as a child. Thank you for bringing up such a painful subject. Why don't you just give me a papercut and pour lemon juice on it?

That song is about the devil? I thought it was about Ernest Borgnine.

Dan said...

Yes!!! i bugged Tom forever to give you a spot on the blog... and... well, apparently, he just barely went along with my pleadings... boo, tom... boo....
Anyway, great to have you here, Sergio!!! ... it's almost like you didn't abandon us and move to california...