Tuesday, December 16, 2008

back in front of the TV

Last night I had my first Chuck experience. The show is OK. The Nerd Herd is by far the funniest part. Morgan is a smash up between Seth Green and Bud Bundy and makes for nice comic relief. The Chuck character is annoying at first, but I could see how it would grow on you. I plan to watch the first season over the holidays.



Watched Raising Arizona last week. First time I think I have seen it from start to finish. It’s not nearly as accomplished as the other films but you can see where the Coen Brothers were going. Amazing how William Forsythe can be such an absolute dork in this movie and so intimidating in others.



Last weekend was a big one in the world of football.

--The Big Four all drew. I watched Spurs v United. My instant response to the 0-0 draw is that United will not win anything this year unless they start finishing their chances. Liverpool again showedcthat they probably won’t win the title this year because they can’t step on opponent’s throats. And Chelsea? How can you keep dropping points at home? Arsenal. Done.


--El Classico was not a classic but still entertaining. Real really gave a go of it and had Valdes not come up huge, it could have been a very different outcome. Drenthe scores on that breakaway and then Barca’s nerves kick in and who knows? But what can be said about Casillas? Kept them in it for as long as possible. Messi, although fouled beyond belief, came good at the end. Don’t know if I agree with him switching with E’too in the second half, but in the end 2-0 to blaugrana.


--I was also able to see Juventus v AC Milan in the pouring rain. Great game. Very open which was surprising. De Ceglie came on for Nedved and was fantastic. Served the ball with a surging run for Amauri’s first goal and got Zambrotta sent off due to a bad challenge. Juve is only 6 points back but I just don’t see how they can catch Inter. Ibra is scoring ridiculous goals for fun. The only hope is that they can stay close (4-6 points) until the rematch on April 19. My guess is that Inter will be able to extend it further and a Juve win won’t really dent Inter’s title chase. But all credit to Ranieri and the team for turning it around. Hopefully they get a favorable draw on Friday in the Champions League.



I plan to go to the library this week to pick up the first season Mad Men. Has anyone out there seen it?

Any other recommendations for the holiday break?

Ta ta.

No comments: