Saturday, December 20, 2008

Oooh, me too, me too!

Yahoo! Who doesn't like Top Ten lists? My turn, and tv only--I just haven't seen enough of 2008's films to make a respectable top ten list. Also I should note that this list will include shows that may have been released/concluded prior to 2008, but were recent discoveries for me:

1) Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip - Sad that it was only one season, but I ripped through these episodes on DVD, something about the behind the scenes of the SNL-like show really hooked me.  

2) Dexter - Love Michael C Hall from his days on Six Feet Under, and he's great in the good guy/bad guy role of Dexter.  

3) Extras - Taking awkward comedy to a whole new level, funnier, I think, than Gervais's original Office.  

4) 30 Rock - Everyone on this show is great, but I particularly enjoy Alec Baldwin and Tina Fey.  

5) So You Think You Can Dance - I think this is the best judged reality show on tv--it's clear they are experts and they offer true critiques of the performances, offering viewers a chance to learn. Oh, yeah, and the dancers are easy to look at.  
6) The Office - It may be a knock off, but it's a funny one, and has gone places the original never did.  

7) Entourage - Jeremy Piven's character, Ari, is the reason to watch this show, and his assistant Lloyd is a scene stealer. Plus the cameos are fun.  

8) Weeds - I thought this season was a bit off compared to previous seasons, but still funnier than most other shows out there.  

9) Californication - David Duchovny, I thought, was always funny on X-files, so it's great to see him in a comedy. It does live up do it's name, though, so be forewarned.  

10) Project Runway - Another reality show, which my wife is a fan of in general--this is another example of a reality show that has a lot to offer viewers, entertaining, but also educational.

1 comment:

Austin Long said...

1-4 i agree with. haven't seen season 2 of dexter yet but will get around to it.

30 rock has been awesome. i have the second season on hold when i get back.

i'll have to do some reflecting on my best of 08. maybe i can do that before next tuesday.