Saturday, October 11, 2008

Football Nightmare

Sorry to post off-schedule but I have to something off my chest.

Though I do not live in Michigan anymore, I try to keep up with the Detroit area sports. I still love watching the Pistons and the Red Wings. I am not a big baseball fan, but I root for the Tigers. And then football season came. Man am I embarrassed. But it is not just over the Lions. The Wolverines are a shamockery. Last year they lose to Appalachian State Mountaineers. This year they add the fearsome Toledo Torpedoes to their suckiness resume. The only thing I could cling to while living in Tennessee was the Volunteers seemed to be “rebuilding” as well. Regardless, no football pride exists in the Detroit area anymore.

Since neither the Lions nor the Wolverines are going to make a bowl this year, I recommend that in January they play one another for the “Toilet Bowl.” The loser is not allowed to have a program for a year. More than likely the Lions would win, but at this point it doesn’t matter which team gets suspended. I can’t take it anymore. If they keep it up I am going to have to start rooting for SEC and AFC teams. I shudder as I even type such a thing. But desperate times call for desperate measures.

No comments: