Monday, October 27, 2008

The Punter Enacts Revenge

I’ve been sick all weekend. I suppose it is some sort of cold. My throat is pretty sore. My head has a lot of pressure. My nose has not seen this much congestion since I drove through Knoxville last year. But, I seem to be on the mend, even if I sound like one of those guys who has throat cancer and talks through the speaker box.

Moving on to better things. Here is my update on the shows I have been watching.

Chuck is still funny and entertaining, though I sort of doubt how long they can keep it up.

Heroes is still captivating and the plot thickens each episode. Which makes me wonder if the writers aren’t in danger of making the plot too convoluted (i.e. Lost – though the writers keep insisting that there will be resolution).

The Mentalist is thoroughly entertaining. It has the humor of Psych with the Zen like import of Life.

Speaking of Life, the show still packs a punch and the interaction between the main characters is wonderful to listen to. Austin has, on various occasions, complained about the scoring of various shows. The music in Life is great. It is as good as I have heard. Great songs at just the right time.

My Own Worst Enemy lacks something. I don’t mind watching it and it is entertaining, but in the end not overly compelling.

I have the first 3 hours of Crusoe ready to watch but have not had the time.


I will leave you with the following video. I saw it live yesterday, and this clip is easily the highlight of Sunday’s football games:

1 comment:

JD said...

Yeah, caught that replay on Top Ten on Sportscenter--how awesome is that.

If there was a spectrum of punter/place kicker plays, where one end had plays that totally rock your preconceived notions of how a kicker should look/act, and on the other end, thoroughly confirm them, I would put #2's play far on the left, and Bill Gramatica's post-kick celebration injury (brilliantly described here: http://www.cracked.com/article_15823_5-wimpiest-pro-sports-injuries-all-time.html) on the other. Poor little kicker hurt himself jumping up and down...awwww...somebody give him his blanky.