Tuesday, April 22, 2008

bumper stickers and other issues

I’ve found another thing I’m not good at: graphic designer. My new life plan is to eliminate the things I’m not good at, thereby revealing the things that I am good at. On average, I’ve got another 43 years, and with the medical advances, I’ve got plenty of time to discover my strengths before plug is pulled. I know that isn’t legally binding, but I want all of our loyal readers out there to understand that I want the DNR order strictly followed. Once I’m under, I stay under. Move on.

So my latest project has been bumper stickers on facebook. I had a couple from work related adventures and am branching out to some soccer ones. I have some good ideas but run into problems formatting so that they can be seen on facebook. Anyway it’s a nice diversion from work and we’ll see what happens.

I’ve created a Morrissey on Pandora. Love it. Brings back a lot of memories of high school and my failed attempt at college. New Order, the Cure, the Smiths, Depeche Mode. So good and depressing and pretentious and wonderful. Listening to it makes me long for rainy days and unrequited love and loneliness. Man, weren’t those the days?

After watching West Wing, and being tremendously annoyed by the background music, I know that I wouldn’t last 10 minutes in that environment. Snap decisions, constantly changing scenarios, hammering out deals through polite and not so polite confrontation. It’s fun to watch because I am not like a single character on that show. There was some great dialogue on that show that was overshadowed by the MUSIC and sometimes by the show saying look at us. Look at our agenda. What are you going to do? It’s a show about politics, so the politics of the producers and writers will come through. Last night there was a bait and switch on the Supreme Court nominee. I would have like to have seen that drawn out, but we’ve only got 44 minutes.

This weekend is Chelsea and Manchester United at the Bridge. A UTD result and the title is all but theirs. I’m hoping to find somewhere to watch it as this is the closet title chase since the Treble. And don’t forget we’re only 6.5 weeks from Euro 2008. Woohoo!!

1 comment:

Brandon Caroland said...

Austin's Posts are like those British action flicks like LOCK, STOCK, AND TWO SMOKING BARRELLS or SNATCH.
What I like about Austin's posts is that even though they are all in English, have I absolutely no idea what he is saying.