Thursday, April 10, 2008

The True Meaning of Easter

I have missed two weeks' worth of posting. You can give me all the vitriol you want about it... I deserve it. However, I am going to go forward with the post that I wanted to do two weeks ago, because I still think it's funny. Even if it's now out of season.

Many Christians are offended or otherwise inflamed by products or parodies of sacred Christian elements. I am not one of those; oftentimes they are pretty funny, and if we spend our lives trying to defend our favorite Christian stories or customs from the encroachment of secularism, there will be little time left for the actual practice of faith.

That debate is one for another post, or perhaps the comments. Instead, I here present my favorite re-creations of the Passover by DaVinci.
































3 comments:

Sam said...

Great post. Thank you for the edification and reminding me of the true meaning of easter. My favorites are the Simpsons and the video game one. I will say that Donkey Kong as Jesus was an interesting and controversial choice.

shannoncaroland said...

I had no problem with the Noid, Mo, Elmo, Pacman, Chewbacca or even the Zombies, but what was Paul doing at the last supper?

BigD said...

It's blasphemously delicious!