Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Breakin 2, Obama, & Shaq: and other urban junk

Now that I've vented all my vitriole about the election, I'm not exactly sure what to write about. My life is pretty unispired at the moment. I wish I had something better to say.

I was looking at the movie poll today. Someone must be playing a joke because JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH is sporting a commanding lead. Anyone who has seen this movie and votes for it over ANY of the other movies listed clearly hasn't seen any of the other movies. It was a horrible movie. So my guess is that it is a sabotage of the polling system. Good Joke, I guess. Seriously, that movie was by far the most horrible thing I've seen in a theater since BREAKIN 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO. Seriously, it's been that long since I've seen such a horrible movie, and yes, I did see that one in its theatrical release.

It's interesting how when the Obama campaign lost so much ground since the debut of Sarah Palin (it's a virtual tie) how uninteresting his campaign has been. I am not a Sarah Palin fan, but it looks like the Obama campaign has been duped into engaging the public about HER instead of the issues. They forget the fact that even negative press is STILL free publicity, and that ANY negative press about her is going to be perceived as coming through the LIBERAL MEDIA filter, and will mostly be ignored, particularly since the Obama campaign officially declared that the family was "off limits". From what I can tell, the negative press has done for the campaign what steroids did for baseball: Not Much. Most people don't care about the potential vice president's kids. It's a distraction from the issues. Neither side still has a viable answer for the war, neither side still has a concrete plan for the economy, or health care, or the auto industry.

The philosophical difference I perceive between the two campaigns is the answer to this question:
What will you do to make things better?
OBAMA: Make government bigger to take care of more people
MCCAIN: Try to inspire Americans to take care of their own communities.

I'm reading a new book, given to me for my birthday, called THE SHACK. I was surprised to find it was NOT a biography of Shaquille O'Neil. In fact it is an allegorical telling of a real man's personal spiritual journey. Demi-fictional. It's pretty good. I'll tell you more when I finish it.

No comments: