Wednesday, September 3, 2008

What I Did On My Summer Break

It has been a while since I've last posted. I'm sure you've all been worried by the massive amounts of correspondence to that effect that I've received from fellow bloggers regarding my absence. I realize that I am in clear violation of the charter and the rules set henceforth as the the legal frequency (or infrequency) that is permissible herein.

Here is a list of the culture-related activities that I partook of over the last 5 weeks so that nobody misses a thing:

I watched
3 episodes of Flashpoint.
3 episodes of The Closer
2 episodes of Terminator Chronicles
1 eposode of CSI NY
The Roast of Bob Sagat (twice)
1 episode of Chuck
1 episode of Law & Order Criminal Intent
1 episode of Law & Order (old skool)
1 Detroit Lions preseason game
Live Broadcasts of Jennifer Granholm's hearing regarding the removal of Kwame Kilpatrick.

I saw the folling Films at the theater:
Pineapple Express
Tropic Thunder

I saw the following DVDs
The Bank Job
The Golden Compass
The Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers
Cavite
The Bulletproof Monk
Definitely Maybe (chick flick)

I downloaded tracks from the following artists
Sloan
Sigur Ros
Louis!
Broken Social Scene
Stars
Metric
Band of Horses
Engineers
Spoon
The Cure

I visited
The Toledo Zoo
Baptisms at Stony Creek
Blockbuster Summer Nights at Kensington Community church

I started reading
The Shack

I have been updating my facebook page.

I have been intrigued at how Obama says he is an agent of change while proposing new taxes and investing more money in social welfare programs. How is that different than any other Democrat? If he isn't going to tax families then how does he propose to get this money? By taxing businesses that families purchase their needs from? I just don't get him. I've also studied his healthcare reform plan. It's too expensive not to tax families. It's crazy talk. It is an emotional appeal to change without any realistic objectives. This election is business as usual for both parties, just reworded to sound different.

There I said it.

2 comments:

Austin Long said...

thanks for that comprehensive summary.

what did you download from sloan?

Brandon Caroland said...

I downloaded their latest album released in June. Notable track: Believe In Me