Saturday, September 13, 2008

[Hilarity Ensues]

I was going to blog about something completely different yesterday but I asked politely if I could use my lap top and I was told "later" which apparently means "maybe tomorrow" so you get this instead.

So this morning around 10 I took the Jodee for a walk. Which I do every day except during the week Ben walks her in the morning because I have to leave at 7, and I walk her at night. During the weekend we trade favors to get out of walking her. That sounds a little worse than I meant it to (I figured I'd point that out before Brandon did). By "trading favors" I mean saturday morning tends to go something like:

Me; "Walk the dog for me?"
Ben: "I don't want to"
Me: "But I walked her last night!"
Ben: "She likes you more!"
Me: "I will make you french toast if you walk the dog for me."
Ben: "Ok."

Usually if one has to walk the dog, the other has to accomplish some other unpleasant task during the same time frame. Not always, but almost always.

Today it fell to me which I agreed to since it meant Ben would have to do the night walk and I figured best to get it over with in the morning and have the rest of the day to myself.

Walks have become so predictable it's one of those things you do without even thinking about it. So as we get back to the front door I take her leash and collar off before I actually open it so that I don't have to chase her through the house to take it off her inside. So when I open the door she bounds inside looking for...who knows....food on the floor...new smells...whatever. She jumps around a little bit and right as we start to notice that Ben is not in the living room he jumps out from the hallway and shouts "BOO!" in what some may call an "attack position". I hadn't even begun to realize what was going on before Jodee attacks him right back. Barking and running at him, enough that Ben was getting a little nervous.

I almost think she was mad at him after that, mostly for scaring her. She cowered and jumped up on the couch with that "Why are you so mean to me" expression she is so good at. Ben comforted her but even that took a while before she stopped cowering every time he tried to pet her. And there I was the whole time, laughing my head off.

So yeah, right now Ben is walking the Jodee and I'm about to finish up and hide in the hallway and await their return. We'll see how it goes shall we?

5 comments:

Commish said...

Geez, Ben, it takes you a month to get that dog on your good side and then you have to go and screw it all up for your own personal amusement?

You know you're going to spend the next 30 days crying yourself to sleep because Jodee doesn't like you anymore.

"trading favors"... heh... heh heh...

Brandon Caroland said...

Awww. You named your Dog, JOdee? (as he snickers to himself)

Sam said...

Brandon - you could be the meanest man on the planet.

Bristol Crowne said...

Actually we didn't name her at all. She was a 5 year old show dog that needed a good retirement home so we adopted her. Ben calls her "Chubs".

Brandon Caroland said...

Come on Sam, It was RIGHT THERE! How could I let it go?