Tuesday, July 29, 2008

the fair, facebook and RSS

This week I'm at the Neshoba County Fair, otherwise known as "Mississippi's Giant Houseparty."



Here's a link to the Fair website: http://www.neshobacountyfair.org/



The fair really can't be explained, it must be experienced. Just ask Sam. Basically this week I'll be trying to keep the red clay out of clothes, chasing Larry around, catching up with my dad's side of the family, and enjoying same frosty adult beverages.



On a social networking note, the new version of Facebook is appearing. It does make a better use of the space, but the transfer from my previous profile is less than satisfactory. I really don't care about the feed. I would rather see bumper stickers and movies and apps than reinforcing the fact that I have changed my status or I am listening to a Pandora station. Is there any way to get the "home" page onto your main profile instead of flipping back and forth. We'll how it goes.



RSS has got to be one of the greatest inventions ever!! Feed me worldwide web. Let me gorge on your feast of trivial, insignificant, but important information. How I love receiving hourly transfer gossip and club news from all the soccer sites and ridiculous headlines from digg.com. I could spend all day just checking my feed and I would be OK with that. Well maybe a little time off to play FIFA or watch a movie. It's good to have goals.

No comments: