Monday, June 23, 2008

Blast From the Past

While cleaning and packing up my belongings for our big move, I stumbled across the following picture:



Now for most of you it is meaningless. However, I believe the picture holds a special significance to a few of the regular contributors here at “The Cultural Taproom.” It is a picture of Wolverine Christian Service Camp Sr. High week. I don’t recall the year, but I am guessing 1991 or 1992. Can you spot Tom, Brandon, Austin, or yours truly in the picture? If you need a little help here are some high school photos of Tom and Brandon to help you out:



If you couldn’t do it, click on the picture below where I have highlighted the usual suspects. I hope you enjoyed this episode of “Blast from the Past.” Tune in next week for other treasures from my trash.



PS – Feel free to disseminate said pictures to any and all contacts.

14 comments:

mindbender said...

snicker... snicker... snort hehe snicker...

mindbender said...

Gotta love that rayon.

Commish said...

Oh geez.

Trying to decide whether to use my executive Taproom powers to audit this post. Still.... that senior picture of Brandon is just priceless.

Thanks, Sam! I gotta get a scanner.

Brandon Caroland said...

Hey, that shirt was 100% cotton and the tie was 100% silk. The hair was and still is amazing. The funny thing is that there are people who are still trying to get THAT cool. ^^^^^^^^^^

Brandon Caroland said...

But, you also gotta know some real trivia to point out Kara Steiner (Soullierre), Dr. John Nugent, Ginger Riggs, Shannon Haynie (Vitz), Shane Hargrave, Matt Allison, Nathan Prong, Jeff Danner, Scott Zimmerman and sister Jill, Scott Johnson, Matt Krill, and you can barely see Andy Timm's nose poking out around from the back... and Steve Kerr (the craziest camp sex class ever?)

Sam said...

Tom - if you decide to go the censor route, be prepared for the more revealing photos I have chosen not to post...yet.

Wally said...

Is John Zubb in that pic also? Do the Zubba!!!

Sam said...

That is indeed the Zubster. Good looking out Wally.

Sam said...

I guess if we are name dropping, I've got one for you. I received The Key yesterday and guess who finally graduated - the Shannon Faust. When did she start - 1992? Whatever the case congratulations and kudos for perseverance.

Brandon Caroland said...

Umm...yeah. I'm sure that's what you were thinking. Totally not what I was thinking.

And yeah. Zubb. nuff z nuff.

Wally said...

Actually, the LSJ had an article about single moms struggling to get by, going to school, and so on. Shannon was featured in the article. At least she stuck to it and finished, even with all the ups and downs in life.

Brandon Caroland said...

I guess that makes me the ONLY asshole in this blog. Such is life.

Bristol Crowne said...

Just makes me really glad I chose a college where NO ONE knew me from high school.

shannoncaroland said...

That's me between Tom and Brandon. That was the week that the kid shot himself with a blank. Weirdest week ever. Also in the lower left hand corner, you'll spot the kid that looked like Vanilla Ice, and loved it. He even had the lines shaved in his eyebrows.