Friday, June 27, 2008

The completely empty lifestyle...

"Meaningless! Meaningless! says the Teacher. Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

I'm starting to see why people like Paris Hilton are useless...and stupid...

I think the stupid actually may stem from the useless. I, for example, am very useless right now. The only things that are required of me in the average day is laundry, some light cleaning, and walking the dog. The end.

I'm not quite sure how it works yet but somehow this lack of required action or duty somehow leads into being the most boring person I know. For example, yesterday Ben's dad called to see how things were going, I had absolutely nothing to say to him. We talked for maybe 5 minutes, he actually asked me what we were having for supper (that's how desperate the situation became!) Later that evening my dad called Ben, they talked for probably 20 minutes!

Seriously, the only conversation I'm capable of having at this point revolves around "What Not To Wear" and "Jon and Kate Plus Eight". Every Friday I am becoming more and more frustrated with trying to come up with something witty and interesting to say on this blog.

Because I am not required to take part in the day to day community that is American society, my brain is slowly leaking out any and all facts, ideas, or knowledge that links me to the rest of human kind.

To be honest, it makes me angry. I already did this whole unemployed with nothing to do for one year of my life and I DID go completely insane. Why should I have to do this again. I am bored, lethargic, frustrated. I feel useless and disconnected. I don't even feel like a good partner for my husband. Who wants to come home to a clingy woman with nothing interesting to say?

Even having a crappy job is better than no job at all. Getting a job would be, at this point, not only divine intervention, but mercy on my soul.

"A man can do nothing better than to eat and drink and find satisfaction in his work. This too, I see, is from the hand of God, for without him, who can eat or find enjoyment? To the man who pleases him, God gives wisdom, knowledge and happiness, but to the sinner he gives the task of gathering and storing up wealth to hand it over to the one who pleases God. This too is meaningless, a chasing after the wind."

6 comments:

Commish said...

When I have long days off with nothing to do, I like to go to the driving range and watch lots of DVD box sets. But, I appreciate that it might not be for everybody. Therefore, I offer you these other options:

Friends of the Folsom Library: http://www.friendsofthefolsomlibrary.org/

Folsom Area Bicycle Advocates: http://www.sacbike.org/faba/

Folsom Independent Dog Owners (this one looks the most promising to me as far as actually doing something): http://www.fidoinc.org/

Bristol Crowne said...

FIDO is currently working on a leashless dog park. We're looking forward to it!

Brandon Caroland said...

Tom's right. What could you possibly do at the Folsom library all day?

My suggestion. Get an Xbox 360. Play Halo a lot. You're bound to run into me and tom and a few others you know. You'll gain weight but you won't care because you almost made it to level 40....

Austin Long said...

"I'm not quite sure how it works yet but somehow this lack of required action or duty" . . . is the greatest thing ever!!

i'm with tom. day off=online poker, fifa, bsg marathons. yes it's 75 and sunny outside but there are mosquitoes and people out there. both are bad.

remember office space: yesterday i did nothing and it was everything i hoped it could be. life motto!!!

Bristol Crowne said...

What I was trying to say, and I seemed to have not made my point, is that a whole lifestyle of nothing is WAY different than having a day off. If I had one day off heck yeah I would sit around and do nothing. But after weeks and weeks even Tom and Austin and Brandon would go nuts.

Brandon Caroland said...

as if...